- „Naše more“ is a scientific-professional journal published as three issues and one special issue per year.
- The journal consists of the main part and the supplement integrated in a unit (one volume). In the main part the published papers are to be submitted only in English with the titles, summaries, key words, and figures translated in Croatian. The supplement contains papers written in Croatian as well, and it consists of different maritime-related topics not being part of the main part of the journal. Top-priority scientific areas are: technical and biotechnical as well as natural sciences related to sea, shore and submarine world. Topics are discussed on scientific, professional and popular level and include navigation, ship technologies and marine engineering, marine industry, transport, forwarding, maritime law, oceanology, aquaculture, environmental protection and biology of the sea i.e. maritime-related and seafaring issues in the widest meaning. In addition, it deals with the topics concerning history, nautical and shore based tourism as well as education of seafarers.
- The journal is cited in the most widespread databases, WoS and Scopus. Hence, the authors are kindly asked to send only high-quality and interesting papers that will increase our citation count which is key to creating stronger visibility of the internationally recognized scientific journal.
- „Naše More“ journal publishes the papers which are subject to review. All scientific papers must pass through two positive reviewing processes, whereby international reviewers do not know author’s identity. The papers accepted are categorized in the following categories: original (authentic) scientific paper, preliminary report, review paper and professional paper which must be approved by one reviewer. The following papers which are not subject to reviewing are: information from scientific conferences, book and journal reviews and the comments of new regulations or organizational changes. The list of international reviewers is available at web-page of the journal.
- Every manuscript offered must be original/authentic, not repeated, clearly prepared in accordance with the instructions to authors and only for the purpose to be published by „Naše more“ journal. The papers either already published or offered to some other publishers will not be accepted. The exception will be applied to the papers not categorized, such as: advertisement, information, official information by the institutions, authorities, societies etc. according to special agreements. The papers which will be published in the conference proceedings will not be accepted. However, if not published in the proceedings the papers can be published in “Naše more”. In such a case the note must be written about the previous presentation of the paper.
- The authors must submit their own papers in Croatian and/or in English. The editorial board is obliged to translate only the title, summary and key words, figure description and enclosures (if they haven’t been already translated). If the author’s mother tongue is not English he/she could submit the paper only in English. If the author wants, the editorial board could have the entire article translated but at author’s expense.
- If the paper is submitted electronically it should not be prepared graphically, because it is done by the editor professionally. Moreover, it can considerably slow down the publishing process of a paper.
- The journal is published on A-4 format font Arial, font 9 pt. It is recommended the papers to contain 10-12 pages including attachments (figures, tables and graphs).
- At the beginning, the author’s name and family name should be written, as well as the institution of the employment, contact address, telephone number and e-mail address, the title of the paper and the summary. The summary should contain 250 signs to a maximum. The summary should in itself include the goal, methodology, basic terms, thesis and scientific contribution of the paper. After the summary, the key words must be extracted.
- High quality figures and attachments should be sent separately from the manuscript, each as a separate file, either by snail mail on a CD or any other media, or electronically (preferably). The figures should be prepared either in JPG or TIFF format ( in colour, resolution 300 ppi and grayscale 600 ppi). The photos are required to have high offsetting quality.
- Tables, diagrams, figures and charts must be self-explanatory (with ordinal number, title, source and if possible, with the symbol explanations). Formulae are to be written as clearly as possible and the standardized signs used.
- In References, at the end of the manuscript, bibliographic units with cardinal number (in brackets) and alphabeticaly ordered list of the authors’ family names are required. The quotations are given in square brackets with the ordinal number of the bibliographic unit and page, or the family name of the author of the unit, the year of the edition as well as the page. The quotations within the notes should be avoided.
 Stopford, M. (2003) Maritime Economics. Routledge. London & New York
 Kendall, P. M. (1972) The theory of optimal ship size. Journal of Transport Economies and Policy. Vol. VI. No 2. pp. 128-146
 Krile, S. (2005) Optimal Voyage Planning in Container Shipping. Proceedings of 25th International Conference of Automation in Transportation (Korema). Zagreb–Copenhagen. pp. 32-35
- The manuscript should be sent at the journal’s address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The authors (and co-authors) are not entitled to the payments but to the author’s free copy of the journal.
Authors are responsible for the veracity of their papers. Thus, the University of Dubrovnik, as a publisher, will not have any liability or responsibility for the content of papers.